Please print and fill out both forms, to start the service process.
I. OVERALL CLIENT INFORMATION FOR ACCESSING HINTON FOOD BANK SERVICE:
The Hinton Food Bank:
- expects all clients and volunteers to always show respect, be truthful and fair in all behavior at Hinton Food Bank.
- sets a dignified and non-judgmental environment for anyone needing to access food at Hinton Food Bank.
- strives to avoid major waiting for in-person client service. Therefore, clients residing in Valley areas of Hinton are expected to come for service no sooner than 7:15 p.m.
- requires and maintains basic client records that will be stored confidentially. Data compiled from this information does not disclose information about individual clients, but is needed to ensure our operation is accountable to our donors, funders and the general public.
Failure to meet our expectations will result in suspension of access to the food bank for periods of time. Repeat offenses will result in longer suspensions.
Any compliments or concerns about Hinton Food Bank operations should be sent first to the HFB Team lead–7808656256 (call or text). If not satisfactorily resolved, then you may contact Hinton Food Bank Board Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 7808659355 (call or text)..
II. THE HINTON FOOD BANK SERVICE STANDARDS:
- food hampers are provided for a household based on the size of that household.
- households may receive a food hamper as often as may be needed, but no more than once per week. Clients may provide a written note to others to pickup a hamper for their household for a specific period of time (not ongoing)..
- food hampers will NOT be provided to clients except on Tuesday evening except for extraordinary, emergency situations.
III. GENERAL INFORMATION FOR NEW CLIENTS
To register to obtain food bank service, we require you to:
- Attend in person on TUESDAY evenings between 6:30 and 8:00 p.m. to 124 Market Street. Advise the welcoming volunteer this is your first time at food bank.
- Complete and bring in the application form and standing order form (in advance preferably, we’ll recheck with you).
- Bring I.D. for each person in your family If you have reusable grocery bags, bring them too.
IV. THE GENERAL PROCESS FOR CLIENTS EACH TIME YOU COME FOR A FOOD HAMPER
- Clean hands upon entering building (at 124 Market St.)
- In first waiting room, a) take a number. b) select any free-take items you wish from FREE SHELF. This includes self-serve dish and laundry soap (bring own container). c) select up to four items for the PICK-SHELF.
- When your number is called, enter office to be registered for a hamper, provide your grocery bags, answer questions and obtain any special issue items.
- Wait in second waiting room for your food hamper. We strive to fill your order it’s shown on the standing order form, If you obtain items not wanted, leave them in the “return food” box.
Note that we sometimes add or substitute food items with what we have available, and don’t always have all the food listed on standing order form. Food Banks in Canada are approved to distribute food for various periods past their BEST BEFORE dates.