Please print and fill out both forms, to start the service process.
I. OVERALL CLIENT INFORMATION FOR ACCESSING HINTON FOOD BANK SERVICE:
The Hinton Food Bank:
- expects all clients and volunteers to always show respect, be truthful and fair in all behavior at Hinton Food Bank.
- sets a dignified and non-judgmental environment for anyone needing to access food at Hinton Food Bank.
- strives to avoid major waiting for in-person client service. Families and transit bus users come for service between 6:30 and 7pm and individuals/couples come between 7 and 8pm as much as possible. This helps to spread the demand for orders over the time we are open to the public. Thanks in advance for cooperation with this.
- requires and maintains basic client records that will be stored confidentially. Data compiled from this information does not disclose information about individual clients, but is needed to ensure our operation is accountable to our donors, funders and the general public.
Failure to meet our expectations will result in suspension of access to the food bank for periods of time. Repeat offenses will result in longer suspensions.
Any compliments or concerns about Hinton Food Bank operations should be sent first to the HFB Team lead–7808656256 (call or text). If not satisfactorily resolved, then you may contact Hinton Food Bank Board Chairperson at email@example.com or 7808659355 (call or text)..
II. THE HINTON FOOD BANK SERVICE STANDARDS:
- food hampers are provided for a household based on the size of that household.
- households may receive a food hamper as often as may be needed, but no more than once per week. Clients may provide a written note to others to pickup a hamper for their household for a specific period of time (not ongoing)..
- food hampers will NOT be provided to clients except on Tuesday evening except for extraordinary, emergency situations.
III. GENERAL INFORMATION FOR NEW CLIENTS
To register to obtain food bank service, we require you to:
- Attend in person on TUESDAY evenings between 6:30 and 8:00 p.m. to 124 Market Street. Advise the welcoming volunteer this is your first time at food bank.
- Complete and bring in the application form and standing order form (in advance preferably, we’ll recheck with you).
- Bring I.D. for each person in your family If you have reusable grocery bags, bring them too.
IV. THE GENERAL PROCESS FOR CLIENTS EACH TIME YOU COME FOR A FOOD HAMPER
- Clean hands upon entering building (at 124 Market St.)
- In the first waiting room, A. Identify yourself by full name. B. Select any free-take items you wish from the FREE SHELF. This includes self-serve dish and laundry soap (bring your own container). C. Select up to four items from the PICK-SHELF
- Move to the second waiting room for your food hamper. Feel free to move food hamper items from the supplied boxes to your grocery bags. If you obtain food items you don’t want, leave them in the “return food” box. Please do not linger in this area once you receive your hamper as this is a very busy area.
Note that we sometimes add or substitute food items with what we have available, and don’t always have all the food listed on standing order form. Food Banks in Canada are approved to distribute food for various periods past their BEST BEFORE dates.
V. Compliments, Concerns and Complaints
Any compliments or concerns about Hinton Food Bank operations should be sent first to the HFB Part time coordinator– 7808656256 (call) or 7808174615 (text) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If not satisfactorily resolved, then contact Hinton Food Bank Board Chairperson at 7808659355 (call or text).
Educational Resources for You!
EMMA AND THE FOOD BANK—An educational resource to educate children about food banks.